In one of Lou Holtz speech he said this: “Don’t talk about your problems. 90% of people don’t care. And the other 10% are glad it’s not them.”

In the world, we may not always care about other peoples problems all the time, but I believe we do a fair bit of caring in other areas. Particularly in our work.

Over this past week I’ve bee keep track of myself and my work. What’s actually been going on in my head and also with my work. And for myself I am realizing deep down that I am driving myself farther and farther with what I’m hustling on.

I truly care about my work

Which really doesn’t come as much of a surprise. I’ve talked about before when you have a why you are tying a goal or an action with something you are truly passionate about. It’s another round about way of saying that you care or you’re compelled to do something.

But caring can do more than just that when you decide to manifest it in your own life.

For one you start to pick apart issues or what can be improved on

Early this week I noticed my writing not being up to par with what I wanted. Admittedly some of the pieces I wrote I felt lacked the passion I had the week before. I don’t mean to compare my work and I’m not going to constantly get explosive results, but I know I can do better.

Again, I care more about my work than to simply write something and leave it hanging.

But when you care about your work, I believe you are more aware of the issues around your work than you might think. I wouldn’t go as far as being picky about all the details. However you will know if you’re work was subpar or not and feel more committed to improving it.

Secondly, no excuse in the world will stop you

Whether it’s making videos, writing, or whatever kind of hustle you have, you will find time to do it. With anything else we can always come up with a million excuses to not do something. That derails us and leaves us unmotivated.

However, when we truly care about our work, those excuses fade away. In a sense it’s like a weight being lifted from your shoulders. All because you have found a reason to care about your work.

But most importantly….

Thirdly, you’ll actually show it proudly

I believe this is the biggest realization for myself and is the toughest for me to show in some cases. With my writing, I am continuing to push myself to be a better writer. To sharing as much helpful info as I can.

When you truly care about something, I believe you’ll commit to it fully, doubling down as much as you can. To truly not let go of the habit that you are trying to develop. But also expressing it in a way that it can be shown to others.

This is what I’m aiming to do, to show that I care and I am here to help in any way that I can. I will do this by making videos and write as much as I possibly can.

How do you show care in your work? Leave a comment below!

To your growth!

Eric S Burdon


Leave a Reply

Related Posts

Daily Journal

Life Can Be Like Chair Assembly Instructions

For several months now I’ve been using one of the chairs from my parent’s kitchen to sit at my desk. That changed yesterday as my dad purchased my brother and I some executive chairs. Naturally Read more…

Daily Journal

Why I’m Able To Write Daily

Writing for me is something that I enjoy a lot. I write so much that it’s part of my way of life, it’s become part of me and I can’t see myself having a day Read more…

Daily Journal

What To Do When You Drag Your Feet

I’ve talked about this again and again, but it still is worth talking about it. I’m not big on marketing. At least initially. I find myself dragging my feet in that situation. No doubt you Read more…

%d bloggers like this: