Share Your Story
Storytelling is an important aspect of personal development and growing yourself. As such, I am more than willing and excited to be opening this blog up to submissions of other peoples stories.
But don’t feel like the articles are just restricted to that.
While I appreciate any stories people have to share, the only way everyone will benefit is if we are learning something new. As such, I have specific guidelines that should be followed. If you don’t follow them, I will turn down your submitted article. Furthermore, you’ll be asked to make changes.
Submission and Writing Guidelines
- Before submitting your proposal I encourage you to read some best practices for guest posting. Here is an article on that.
- Stories should be at least 500 words in length, though 1,000-1,500 words would be ideal.
- Write in the first person perspective. I’ve always been personable with my readers and I expect those who write for this site to do the same when necessary.
- When you write, I’m looking for the article to be helpful. What I mean by this is if you provide advice, make it actionable.
- Whenever you mention studies, be sure to link to verifiable sources.
- Do not place any links connected to products or services that you sell or are affiliated with. There will be a section at the end of the article devoted to that. That being said, linking to specific articles on your own website throughout the article is welcome.
- Stories must be connected to articles that are discussed on the site or to the general themes on the site.
- Include at least one picture that’ll be used as a thumbnail. Ideally, it should be royalty free. (pixabay.com and unspalsh.com are great sites to get pictures.)
- Also, provide a picture of yourself which will be used at the end of the article.
- Upon submission, you are free to include social media handles as well.
- Articles submitted should not be plagiarized or posted on other sites. That being said, I do allow articles to be reposted on Medium, so long as you credit the original article.
- When you submit your article, do include two keywords. I use Yoast SEO to check for SEO and will require two keywords. These keywords should also be included in the title. For example, this post is labelled “Share your story” and the keywords associated
tothis post are “share your story.”
- Submitted stories should be submitted through a Google doc. Please allow comments or edits on so that I may make edits. Typically these are small changes for SEO, flow, and overall structure purposes. You still own the article so changes are quite small.
With all of these in mind go ahead and fill out the Story Proposal Form. If I like it, we’ll discuss further.
To your growth!
Eric S Burdon