Being productive while working from home can be difficult. After all, there are many distractions – from your cosy bed to your favourite TV show. It’s very easy to get off track. Not only this, but your place of home is now also your place of work, and so the lines can get very blurred. Knowing when to switch off and switch on is a challenge, to say the least. But this is something you can overcome! Let’s take a look at how you can get more from working from home:
- Opt for a garden office – If you have a sizeable garden, why not create a garden office? Companies like Armstrong Steel design and construct steel outbuildings, which would be perfect for an outdoor office. This is beneficial because it means you will separate your work life and your home life. While your office may only be a short walk away, you will physically enter a new building, and you will be shocked by how much of a difference this can make. You will become more productive while also achieving a greater work-life balance. Win-win!
- Set up a schedule – Most people that work from home experience one of two problems. Some people struggle to get motivated to work. Other people end up working every hour under the sun. This is because they cannot switch off. However, this is not only bad for your health, but it is highly unlikely you are going to achieve much if you are sat at the computer screen for 12 hours. Your productivity will quickly start to falter. To combat this, set up a schedule for the day, and stick to it. Make sure your schedule is achievable and put in regular breaks.
- Invest in beautiful and ergonomic furniture – You will be shocked by how much of an improvement this will have on you and your working day. You will enjoy your working environment much more if it is pleasant. Moreover, productivity is enhanced when furniture is suitable. Consider an ergonomic chair or even a standing desk.
- Get dressed for success – Clothing has a huge influence on how we feel about ourselves. If you simply stay in your pyjamas all day long, it is little surprise that you are struggling to get the most out of working from home. It’s important to dress for success. Wear the clothes that you would typically wear if you were working in an office.
- Get rid of your clutter – Last but not least, make sure you get rid of all of your clutter. Your work environment one needs to be an enjoyable and organized one. You will only get frustrated if you have to sift through paperwork all day long to find what you need.
Hopefully, you now have some ideas regarding how you can get more from your work from home experience. This will enable you to have a more balanced life while also being more productive when working. A few changes can definitely go a long way.