About this blog
Now I’m not claiming to be some “life guru” who knows the secret to life. I happen to be an ordinary individual just like you. And every day I learn some things that can help you too.
However from looking around in the world I realize there is a lot of unhappiness. Even though people are generally more intelligent, it seems we are all looking for happiness in our lives.
Here’s some data to put things into perspective:
- According to the World Health Organization, globally over 300 million people of all ages suffer from depression.
- Google reports that the terms “how to be happy” are googled at least 100,000 times per month on average.
- Depression is a condition that affects 1 in 10 Americans during some point in time in their lives.
- Over 80% of people who are clinically diagnosed with depression ARE NOT getting proper treatment to deal with it.
- And lastly the number of patients diagnosed with depression increases by 20% per year.
The causes of depression are vast, but one thing is certain: depression is a state of mind. I know that from my own personal experiences.
That’s where I come in
My goal is to help people.
Again I’m not some guru, I’m a guy going through life and I want to share my story. I believe that it can help people. In fact I wrote a book explaining in more detail about my past. It’s called “The Shy Boy I Once Knew”.
I also want to be learning along with you so I’ll be doing research. I’ll be looking to other people to learn and grow from too.
My goal with this blog is to share valuable pieces of information stemming from my own experiences. As such my thoughts and opinions may change over time as I continue to learn and grow from experiences through life.
I’ll be recording them much like a daily journal, having a more personal tone to it. However still providing insight that can help other people.
I do plan to also include more fact based and thoroughly researched topics in the future too.
But above all I’d like to create a network. A positive tribe as it were.
I’d like to bring other people in to share experiences to this blog. These experiences will provide value that can lead to a more positive life or a stronger mindset.
I’m doing this because even though one person can make a huge difference in the world, a group can do so much more. This movement I desire to create is much larger than me.
So let’s make a difference and grow together!
To your growth!
Eric S Burdon
Connect with me on social media and other sites.
Facebook: Eric S Burdon
Youtube: Eric S Burdon
Pinterest: Eric S Burdon
Medium: Eric S Burdon